Do you love meditating by the sunset? Looking forward to take your yoga journey to the next level? Well you can definitely make a successful career becoming a yoga teacher! All you have to do is follow some basic steps to make it a livelihood:
- Ensure That You Have A “Yoga Passion”:
Before spending your money on an expensive training programs, make sure that you are ready to dedicate your life teaching yoga everyday!
Most of the trainers fancy the illusion of teaching yoga but get frustrated as soon as they join the course.
The easiest way is to avoid this is to develop a routine practice of doing yoga for one hour at least 4 days a week. This will help you know how committed you are and whether you have a yoga passion or not!
- Register For A Yoga Training Program:
Once you know that you have that yoga passion, start searching for yoga training programs. While there are multiple online yoga training programs, it is better to go for an onsite teaching institute that will give you a practical experience!
Make sure you checklist the following things before registering for a yoga training program:
- Be prepared to spend $2000 – $4000.
- Search for a certification ranging between 200-500 hours
- Make sure your training program is accredited.
There Are Various Recognized Institutes Offering Accredited Yoga Training Programs You Can Consider Going To:
- Ajarya Yoga Academy Rishekesh, India
- ITSA Life, Yoga Teacher Training & Yoga Institute, Bali
- Nexus Institute Yoga and Wellness, Costa Rica
- Vikasa Yoga Academy, Thailand
- The Yoga Forest, Guatemala
- The Himalayan Yoga Institute, Nepal
- Sign Up For A Teaching Studios:
After you become a certified yoga instructor, it is now time to align the best yoga studios for teaching. A well-known teaching institute can uplift your career. Not only it will help you gain a valuable experience but improve your CV and win more clients.
- Decide Your Niche:
While there is a long list of yoga categories with their benefits, you should find out which one is your cup of tea!
Here are some of the categories you can choose from to build you niche:
- Vinyasa Yoga – Improves flexibility, immunity and stamina.
- Hatha Yoga – Enhances balance and lowers stress level.
- Bikram Yoga – Increases heart rate and sharpens focus.
- Kundalini Yoga – Provides a higher state of calm and happiness.
- Mantra Yoga – Bring people closer to their inner divine.
- Ashtang Yoga – Improves concentration and meditation.
- Jnana Yoga – Increases self-awareness and wisdom.
- Start Offering Private Sessions:
Once you are get the required exposure of teaching yoga, you can easily double your income offering private sessions. While a studio may pay you $60 per class, giving private sessions will gain you multiple benefits like:
- You can work according to your own availability.
- You gain your personal clientele.
- You can charge up to $150 per class.